Monday 21 January 2013

Overview of Source Code

Overview of Source Code


A couple of weeks ago we started watching a film called Source Code. It was an example of an action thriller focusing on a soldier who wakes up in the body of another man and discovers he's involved in new technology to scope out the bomber in a Chicago commuter train. 
The Director of the film is Duncan Jones. Written by Ben Ripley. In addition starring:Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Monaghan and Vera Farmiga. 

First Reviewer Opinion.
One reviewers opinion: The story line keeps you on the edge of your seat and adds in enough humour to make it a thoroughly enjoyable experience. There is amazing, subtle chemistry between Jake and Michelle which really is the star of the film, performances by all the actors are excellent.
I do agree with some aspects of this review. While I do agree the story line had kept me at the edge of my seat. wondering and wishing. I, myself did not see an element of humor in the film. I didn't find myself chuckling let alone laughing. While I do agree the film was enjoyable, I do not believe it came down to the"humor". It truely was down to the amazing acting performed by all the actors. 

Second Reviewer Opinion.
Beautiful cinematography that will make Chicago proud. The ending brings up more questions than answers, but it feels right, so that's OK with me. I am not a big sci-fi fan, but this film delivers on romance, suspense, mystery and thrills. Highly recommended.
I agree with this person's opinion. The ending left me unsure I was still left confused, because everything wasn't explained. I agree that the film delivers romance, mystery and thrills.

The Ending.
When we had finished watching the movie, I was left confused. There wear more questions then answer that could only be dismissed if there was a Source Code 2. In my opinion I was led to believe that Captain Stevens was meant to die as soon as he saved Christina. But we found that he didn't he lived an ordinary life as Captain Stevens trapped inside the unknowns mans body. In addition I was left even MORE unsure when Captain Goodwin received the message from Captain Stevens left me thinking that everything was going to be left in a loop. 

There was definitely different sub genres of thriller present: psychological thriller. In addition physical action when Captain Steve 'dies' because he was hit by a train, but he knows he goes back to the capsule therefore remains on the train tracks. Fianlly a detecive story has also been involved in the movie as we try to figure out who the bomber is. Each time Captain Stevens goes back to the train it's another new lead for the audience as we try to figure it out. And when do find out who it is, Derek Frost, it was least person we have suspected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment